Trees on a Thousand Hills
The title came first for this acrylic/mixed media painting. Various hand-painted paper fragments in magenta, mint, pink and deep red suggested distant hills in the abstract. I painted soft acrylic washes across a smooth canvas, added my signature cross-hatch markings in pencil and then layered the paper elements to evoke a sense of distance with paling colors — all to tell a story.
NOTE: Sold unframed. The canvas is signed, dated and titled on the back. The 1.5-inches edges are finished in white. It is wired and ready to hang.
Dimensions & Orientation
- 36 x 24 x 1.5 inches
- Portrait orientation (one panel)
Medium, Substrate & Finish
- Acrylic mixed media
- Museum-wrapped canvas (archival, acid-free, gesso-primed, cotton duck)
- Archival semi-gloss varnish for dust and UV protection
- 1.5-inch sides painted white; ready to hang (frame not included)
Creation Date & Authenticity
- August 2019
- Signed, dated and titled on the back
- Certificate of Authenticity included