Summers in the City
The colors of late summer — moss green, chartreuse, coral-red and deepening yellow — were hand-painted on fine art paper and applied to a white canvas smoothed with acrylic mediums. The paint and ink markings add a grid-like framework to the paper elements that were then torn in strips and rectangles to resemble city blocks and streets. As in any metroplex, the mundane urban layout belies the commotion of each building, on street corners and sidewalks — an energy I try to capture in this abstract painting. Part of the Recollections Series.
The canvas is signed, dated and titled on the back; it is wired and ready to hang (unframed).
Dimensions & Orientation
- 36 x 24 x 1.5 inches
- Portrait orientation (one panel)
Medium, Substrate & Finish
- Acrylic mixed media
- Museum-wrapped canvas (archival, acid-free, gesso-primed, cotton duck)
- Archival semi-gloss varnish for dust and UV protection
- 1.5-inch sides painted white; ready to hang (frame not included)
Creation Date & Authenticity
- August 2019
- Signed, dated and titled on the back
- Certificate of Authenticity included