Storm Over Caprock
Acrylic inks were washed over the smooth, wet canvas surface leading to “waves” of color resembling clouds. The light over the darkening horizon reminded me of times at Caprock Canyon watching thunderstorms build. The addition of hand-painted paper in the foreground are reminiscent of canyon edges and drop-offs across the land.
NOTE: Sold unframed. The canvas is signed, dated and titled on the back. The 1.5-inches edges are finished in white. It is wired and ready to hang.
Dimensions & Orientation
- 36 x 24 x 1.5 inches
- Portrait orientation (one panel)
Medium, Substrate & Finish
- Acrylic mixed media
- Museum-wrapped canvas (archival, acid-free, gesso-primed, cotton duck)
- Archival semi-gloss varnish for dust and UV protection
- 1.5-inch sides painted white; ready to hang (frame not included)
Creation Date & Authenticity
- August 2019
- Signed, dated and titled on the back
- Certificate of Authenticity included