The tone-on-tone colors hide the layers of hand-painted paper crisscrossing the canvas. The expressive arcs of paint seem to contradict the structure of the underlayers — consequential markings on an otherwise quiet composition. Part of the Recollections series, this painting speaks to the sudden events that cut through our lives and leave unforgettable memories.
The canvas is signed, dated and titled on the back; it is wired and ready to hang (unframed).
Dimensions & Orientation
- 36 x 24 x 1.5 inches
- Portrait orientation (one panel)
Medium, Substrate & Finish
- Acrylic mixed media
- Museum-wrapped canvas (archival, acid-free, gesso-primed, cotton duck)
- Archival semi-gloss varnish for dust and UV protection
- 1.5-inch sides painted white; ready to hang (frame not included)
Creation Date & Authenticity
- September 2019
- Signed, dated and titled on the back
- Certificate of Authenticity included